- is a pink teddy bear considered an appropriate gift for one adult to give to another.
- are there more pharmacies than supermarkets.
- can a man who has never driven a car expertly guide you out of a parking space where you've been double and triple-parked on.
- is it perfectly normal to pack a whole cucumber as part of your lunch and bite into it later as if you were eating an apple.
- does the guy who runs the fruit stand on the corner have a business card.
- is the longest, most convoluted route usually the fastest way to reach your destination.
- is an hour-long car ride called "traveling".
- can the official weather forecast refer to today's weather as "sandy".
- do veiled women seem to have more "hairstyling" options than do non-veiled women.
- is choosing the country's favorite chip flavor the most democratic process most people have ever experienced.
- can an entire empire be built on one concept: the long-sleeved undershirt.
- is it more unusual to be awake at 10:00am than it is to be up at 10:00pm.
- do children have such busy schedules that they might actually need those Blackberrys and iPhones.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Only in Egypt
Only in Egypt...